Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Yes? Yes No?

Lately been feeling kind of down after reading the news report on Japan.

So far the stories painted a very bleak outlook especially with the possible meltdown in the Fukushima nuclear reactor. Yahoo! news is not helping with all the sensationalized media reporting.

I stopped reading the moment I compare Yahoo! news with some blogs on how japanese are going about their lives as normally as possible. A japanese friend blog about how she attended a painting exhibition in Kyoto on 15 March 2011.

Anyhow to take my mind of the matter I decided to try and learn Turkish language - partly fuelled by the desire to understand my turkish boss and since I bought a Turkish phrasebook many years ago I thought why not.

The first few pages of the phrasebook were quite interesting and I could not put the book down in the first 20 minutes.

Here is the page which I find quite amusing cos I can see my boss doing it sometimes. So the next time you see a turkish guy nodding to your question - remember to check his facial expression as well cos it may well be a no ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment