Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New fascination with Yu Yee oil


All these while, I have been a regular user of "minyak cap kapak" but I later changed to "kwan loong" medicated oil because of it's milder smell.


Apparently it is only in asian country that we use medicated oil on a regular basis for wind, headache and stomach ache.

So when when my turkish uncle first came to Malaysia he was quite taken by this small bottle of inexpensive oil. He finds it utterly amusing whenever we apply it or have it with us all the time.

But now we have the last laugh as he swears by it for headache and flu ;p

In fact recently on his trip to Turkey, plenty of Turkish friends and relatives actually requested for these oil till he had to buy them in bulk.

But now I am hooked on "yu yee oil cap limau" because once I suffered from indigestion and bloated stomach, my mom recommended that I try applying yu yee oil instead on my stomach...


I have always known yu yee oil as being used for babies and never adult but amazingly within the same night of applying it, I flatulate a few times and went to toilet which is unusual as I normally do my business in the morning...

So that proves how effective is yu yee oil in removing wind from the stomach.

Plus I guess Yu Yee oil is more superior than minyak kapak because of the ingredient hence the price factor.

You can notice that they use more expensive ingredient for Yu Yee oil than minyak kapak. So if you are addicted to oil, I think it's high time to change to a healthier alternative (if you can consider an addiction to oil as healthy in the first place).

Also as a note, there are many brands of yu yee oil in the market. There is a cap kapal brand which is cheaper, produced in Hong Kong but with a darker colour and smell - cos apparently it's more strong and targeted to adults.


Also during a trip to Langkawi, I notice that "minyak gamat" is really popular, made from sea cucumber but I guess minyak gamat is more suited for burns, cuts or skin problems rather than headache and flu.



So whatever your preference or ailment, there is sure to be a traditional medicated oil for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment