Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9

This will be a day that will be remembered forever in my memory and to think that at the hour when it struck Japan, I was about to have my regular lunch.

So when the news of the quake reach me, my first thought was Japan is more than capable of handling such crisis as they experience seismic activities throughout the year.

It was only later through internet and tv that I begin to comprehend the extent of damage. The next day I was again bombarded by these shocking images in the newspaper.

Being worried for the safety of my friends in Japan, I managed to contact them through emails. One of them mentioned that there is a circular going out advising all to conserve electricity as they need to send power to Sendai. So seeing that she is fine in Osaka I never reply.

The saddest news was from a friend currently in Tokyo who was formerly from Miyagi as she couldnt contact any of her former neighbours and friends.

This seismic activity is not isolated to Japan as on the next day, on Saturday I notice my office computer monitor being distorted the whole day, like a tv with bad reception or interference.

So let's pray for Japan as even a superpower nation needs God's power to overcome this challenging turn of event.

No comments:

Post a Comment