Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oral Check Up - CHECKED



Finally after talking about going to the dentist for the last 6 months I got around to doing it today!!
I was really apprehensive about the whole affair and my imagination sort of ran wild – often thinking of the worst case scenario… but thank God there was only one cavity (so fire away the confetti cannon – it’s time to celebrate)! Hooray!!
But I really pity the dentist cos my last appointment with any dentist was like 2 years ago so she had to work harder to dislodge all those plaque. She even showed me a piece. Shame shame on me I know!
I tried to justify myself by explaining that I was consistently going for dental check up with a Dr. ABC every year. So I was really confident of my oral health until one day I woke up with intense pain. So I felt betrayed for being made to suffer with major inflamed tooth despite my best efforts. To top it off Dr. ABC did not do a good job on the root canal procedure cos sometimes I feel heat sensation which I should not have felt since technically there are no more nerves in the tooth.
So for a while I was without any trustworthy dentist until now. Now that I have found Dr Kok, I will be going for my scaling again cos I have receding gums problems in a few teeth which are possibly due to:-
a) gum disease – but this would affect all the gums and not several parts OR
b) wrong brushing method ie must be from top to bottom and not too hard OR
c) plaque built up.

Since it’s more of the latter as evident from my sensitive gums – some parts are red, swollen and bleeds easily, I think I will do myself a favour and go see a dentist every 6 months or so instead of 12 months.
So if you would like to make an appointment with Dr Kok, listed below is her name card. She is very patient and answered all my questions from tooth whitening to whether drinking vinegar have any effect on the enamel.

BTW my total bill came to RM200 which includes scaling and filling (in white/yellow colour) for a molar (include anesthetic injection).
Note that her clinic is on the 2nd floor (back portion) of Menara UOA and beware of the sudden “curb/step” besides the stairs. I nearly sprained my ankle but thank God I had the agility of a dancer and the grace of a gazelle so as not to create a scene right next to the dentist office.

When I commented this “accident” to them, I was told that I was not the first. Tsk tsk tsk… something should be done by the management before a real accident happen. They should at least stick some yellow fluorescent warning sticker right before the step.
In the meantime cheers to good oral health and on my next visit there in October, I hope something will be done about the accident-proned zone or “Kawasan Kemalangan”.

No comments:

Post a Comment