Saturday, April 9, 2011

Matsumoto Kiyoshi and 3M Bandages

Recently ran out of bandages and I am a Doraemon-kind-of-person so what is a first aid kit without any bandage right.

So there I was in Watsons, my favourite hang out place - I can just go into every Watsons outlet which I come across - I don't really know why but there's such an attraction.

I encountered the same attraction in Matsumoto Kiyoshi chain outlets in Japan.


There is just so much to see and explore in a pharmacy / drugstore / daily personal store. I can spend hours inside them. How I miss this blue yellow red sign! I hope one day Mastumoto Kiyoshi will come to Malaysia but at the momoent Watsons is doing a decent job bringing a lot of popular Japanese and Korean over the counter brand.

Anyway there I was looking at bandages in Watsons and bought a box of Nexcare 3M.


VERDICT? It's not waterproof as claimed.

The colour is better compared with Watsons own brand transparent bandages cos the cotton part for Watsons' was white so when you use it, the white part of the bandage stood out.

Well since this is a 3M product - I expected better quality but the bandage are too rigid and before long you will have gaps between the bandage and wound. No wonder it took such a long time for my wound to heal.

3M should make the bandage thinner so that it would adhere to the skin better.

Being a firm supporter of 3M quality products I checked their USA website. Hmm... strange that the bandages sold in USA are different from the ones being sold in Malaysia. Their designs are so innovative.

I wonder if it has to do with Malaysians consumer mentality of only buying cheap products. Sigh...

You can check out US design in this link http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/WW_Nexcare/FirstAidProducts/Products/Bandages/AdhesiveBandages/

The differences are so apparent...



Verdict:-
For our Malaysian design - not recommended. I mean just look at it! Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment