Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Thank You Note


This is also quite overdue like my dental appointment.
First and foremost I thank God for the gift of sight as I recently joined the Blind leading the Blind charity walk on 17 April 2011. It was quite an unnerving experience so am very glad that the “blindness” was temporal.
I salute those disabled participants who lead the walk. It’s tough not being able to see 24/7.
During the blindness somehow there was the tendency to tilt your head downwards. Perhaps it’s a natural instinct cos somehow with this head position we think we can capture the surrounding sounds better.


Good thing the organisers were not mean and evil cos they chose a very safe and flat area for the circular walk back to MBPJ (Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya or Petaling Jaya area local authority).

But for the organizers to run this event again next year, there are many rooms for improvement but if its sole purpose is to create awareness of the hardship which the blind face, then succeed it did in achieving this objective.
So I will keep all the grouses and complains to myself as they are nothing in comparison with the gift of sight which I freely enjoy every day.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Secondly I would like to thank AmBank Malaysia for rewarding me with a brand new latest Dell Mini notebook. I was one of the 3 lucky winners in a credit card competition.
It was a very timely prize as I have been thinking of getting myself a computer once I move house and lo and behold I got one for free.

Though I ran into some problems with the original unit, I am very thankful to Ms Grace from Ambank’s customer service department and members of her team for solving the problem for me.
Now my life richer and happier and I am proof of the statistics which report that a credit cardholder will be loyal to the Bank of their first credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment