Tuesday, December 20, 2011

IKEA RM25 mirror


Was at IKEA to buy some mirror for the new house... been living without mirrors for more than 10 months it's about time to get me some.. The reason why I dragged my feet was cos I didnt really fancy the thought of having to drill, hammer etc the wall to install the mirror.

Lo and behold, IKEA have a solution.. Mirrors secured by double sided tapes!! Good! Save me the trouble... or so I thought...

It was all plain and easy... clean the surface, make sure it's dry and secure the double sided tape.

All was well and good for just a few days cos these mirrors start to drop like ripe durians... at night! Imagine the loud noise when any of them fall.. First they'll fall on the countertop then bounced off before landing with a loud noise on to the floor.

Some I'm lucky and it doesnt shatter but once my dad cut his toe as he was not aware of the broken pieces in the morning.

I bought 2 sets, meaning I had 8 pieces and so far only 4 are still on the wall.. One kept sliding downwards so I replaced the tape with stronger ones.

So IKEA thanks for these reasonably priced products but could you please EITHER:-

a) make these mirrors smaller hence lighter OR

b) change your double sided tape supplier... cos the foam of tapes as well as the adhesive are really inferior quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment