Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dramas - can happen in real life...

Recently I watched a drama series. In this show the 2 main characters had the joy of starting a relationship. It was all so sweet and nice especially in this show as the male character comes from a rich family background and very intelligent whereas the female character even though smart would not have stand a chance to be in the social group of the guy.

But as all dramas, the two of them end up being together. How sweet...

Having watched many dramas, Japanese, Hong Kong and Korean and even American, this kind of storyline is a sure win formula to get all the girls rooting for the drama. Picture "Pretty Woman".

Hey which girl wouldnt want a rich, smart not to mention handsome guy who is so out of her league. And this guy turn out to be not just your average boyfriend but a loyal one who only have eyes for the lead. (cue drool and all the girls in the house go "Ahhhh...")


There is just something in a girl or woman that make her yearn for that. However I think this yearning for this kind of fantasy turn to reality to happen to herself... I mean if it's her girlfriend who hooked this guy, I'm not sure if she's that she'll be rooting for her... Though this is quite debatable but I'm sure there must be a reasoning for the word "catfight".

Anyhow as the story of this drama series progresses, we see the both of them facing a lot of oppositions (how else can they stretch the movie to 25 episodes right without any opposition) and they end of breaking up (cue tissues and removing of glasses to wipe tears).

Depending on a lot of factors, they could be on their feet very fast but then I guess not all men (or women) are created the same. Some are more emotional than others and it's the emotional ones who will suffer the most. Do women suffer more than males in breakups? Again this is debatable.

But like all shows, in the end they always patch things up, which gets the ratings up and running but is life that simple? But the undeniable fact is that all women love happy endings especially the happily ever after endings. Sigh will women ever change? I guess not unless we change the dramas which we watch. After all many times dramas imitates life and vice versa.

But till then, I'll be on the lookout for other good dramas to watch. I guess I'm content rooting for the lead actress rather than go find one lead actor. So that means there's no catfight, breakup and make up for me ;D Now where did I put my remote control...

No comments:

Post a Comment