Monday, November 1, 2010

The shocking truth about electricity


Recently had power cut in my house. It did not really bothered me until the battery ran out on the notebook. Drat!! So I was reduced to caveman lifestyle that night.

So what do you do in times like this? No tv, no astro, no computer, no air-con or fan... Battery dead on mobile phone. Double drat!!

But when the electricity's gone, you realised there's a stillness in the room... everything seems very quiet. Too quiet. Gone are the whizzing sound from the air con, the soft buzzing from the notebook fan and even the water dripping sound was gone as all the air cons are not working.

So what do you do in times like this? Well this was what I did. I sat down with my mom and sis and we began to talk. Just about everything.

I guess with all the technology that electricity brings, it also took away our interaction with fellow human beings. Even as I blog, who am I communicating with?

There is a wonderment in technology but will it ultimately cause the downfall in civilisation too? So I hope I will not see the day where people know more about their "friends" on facebook than people in their office or even in their very home.

No comments:

Post a Comment