Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mannings vs Guardian

NOTE according to Wikipedia, Mannings is:-
"Mannings for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) or Guardian (for Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam) is a chain of personal health and beauty retailer offering comprehensive range of pharmacies, healthcare, personal care, skin care and baby care products. It is wholly owned by Dairy Farm International Holdings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my trip to Hong Kong, I decided to use disposable panties as I was expecting to change hotels, meaning no chance to do any panties laundry.

So got myself cotton disposable panties (I hate the tissue like type) from Guardian.



But I find them very small and tight for an L size :(

So when I saw Mannings (which is what Guardian is known as in Hong Kong), decided to buy it since it's about same price (HKD19.90 ~ RM8.05) as Malaysia PLUS it came in a reusable zip lock bag!!







VERDICT:-
Huge difference in size right?


Mannings' L size (the white panty) is the correct L size. Guardian's L size is more like an S size in comparison. No wonder I felt uncomfortable wearing them in Hong Kong.

So the question is why do retailers in Malaysia keep shortchanging us the consumers? If Manning in Hong Kong can give good quality plus zipper bag at the same price, how come Guardian can't since they are owned by the same company?





No comments:

Post a Comment