Monday, May 28, 2012

Braces$$

How much does it cost to get your teeth aligned in your country?



I'm interested cos my younger sister in thinking of getting her upper jaw done by a dentist in Kuala Lumpur. She asked around and basically it costs about RM4,000 to RM5,000... hmmm quite costly...

So when I saw many people actually mostly women having braces in Jakarta, I mount up to courage to ask a sales girl... was a bit apprehensive for fear of sounding like a "kepoh chi" ;p

She explained that in Jakarta, you can opt to get it done by a dentist or an "ahli".

Ahli (which literally means representative)???... I probed further...

Turned out "ahli" is someone who goes around asking if you are interested to get your teeth done. They do a good job only they dont have a clinic but charge way cheaper than a dentist. About half the price.

Of course after the initial "work" you'll need to do follow up every 3weeks to a month and a dentist will charge Rupiah 200,000 (approximately RM70) per visit but an "ahli" only charge Rupiah 100,000 (approximately RM35).. and you'll need to do this every month for about 2 years...



Another girl I asked (well since the initial girl, I thought what the heck! Just ask!) who went for a dentist said she paid Rupiah8,000,000 (about RM2,800) for the initial work... so after doing the math, she will have to pay about RM4,480 for the whole procedure... sounds like same price with KL right?

Wrong cos this price is for both upper and lower jaw!!

But am I going to suggest my sister to do it in Jakarta? Well... hmmm... the cost of the plane ticket is going to kill me first cos Air Asia is no longer that super cheap now.

So just got to find a cheaper dentist in KL... Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment