Friday, October 15, 2010

Friends... for life!


Just had lunch with a long lost friend recently. She found me in Facebook and we met up after 15 to 16 years of not seeing or talking to each other. So I am really grateful that technology helped me find a piece of my history.

Being a W or X generation person, without any mobile phone, emails during our schooling days, it is inevitable that I lost contact with friends from school or college. I think children of this generation are so blessed cos they can keep in touch with friends through so many ways.

Also you can tell which generation a person is from their text messages cos I still use full sentences. I just cannot bring myself to use too-short forms... I do use the usual BTW, FYI, OIC but I have many friends who have yet to catch up with LOL and other latest acronyms out there.

Actually when this friend call me up for a 2nd lunch date, I was actually quite reluctant to go cos I have gotten too used to my schedule - in my comfort zone and was content with just communcating through facebook messages but I am glad I did as it was good to meet up with friends to talk and basically see each other face to face.

So if you are thinking of catching up with your friends by just communicating through the computer screen, just remember that no avatar nor any technology in the world (gmail yahoo facebook twitter skype blog and etc) can take the place of direct human interaction.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment