Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Knorr Instant Macaroni

From my trip to Hong Kong, I realized that Hongkies when eating noodle would have their noodles in 2 options:-




1) instant noodle (ramen) or
2) macaroni (which the locals called "toong sum fun" which literally means hollow center noodle)

So I bought myself 6 packets of instant Knorr Macaroni from a supermarket. You would have known by now that whenever I travel, I must go to the local supermarket to buy their sauce, biscuit etc. Inexpensive way to buy souvenirs ;p





After adding the soup base


Both me and my husband tried it and after eating it, I guess macaroni is an acquired taste meaning Malaysians wills stick to their maggi for a long long time cos cooking time for macaroni is longer and the taste is quite bland especially if you have to finish a bowlful of them. I had to add a tin of corn to add some crunch and variety the 2nd time I cook it.


Which also explains why a check on Knorr's website which is under Unilever reveal that the only Knorr products which we have in Malaysia are their seasoning powder, paste, sauce and soup. No food.. Only seasoning.

So it's everyone guess when macaroni will be staple food for Malaysian but for me personally, it's definitely not something which I will crave for.

No comments:

Post a Comment