Friday, August 26, 2011

A touch of class please in your advertising department

Received this through fax today.. to me it's super ironic as it says Save ME Mother Earth but yet when they fax this to me, it wasted a lot of my toner because of the huge bold black writings!!

It's basically trying to waste my toner so that I will order toner from them.. Not!! Furthermore it's also wasting paper.. guess we have to get a fax server soon to avoid this problem.

But till then whoever who does this kind of marketing through fax, kindly practice what you preach and stop faxing them. Use other more environment friendly ways like Facebook Ads, Google Ads etc or ways that do not waste the recipients' money like sms, emails or plain ordinary snail mails.

That brings me to another rampant problem which we have in Malaysia... sticker advertisements on all kinds of surface. It's amazing that I do not see this in other countries but it is so prevalent in Malaysia. Guess you can say it's a Malaysian thing... one which I am not proud of as a Malaysian.

I hope the police, local authorities and telco companies can work hand in hand to curb this menace.

The police and local authorities can update the telco companies the phone number used and the telco should issue warnings before terminating the phone number. I mean how hard is it to terminate phone lines? Try not paying for 2 months and see what happens.

This kind of proactive steps should make people think twice before they stick anything on public structures and facilities.

Malaysia is after all a modern society and such behaviour should not be tolerated. We as citizens should not accept this as norm and keep a blind eye to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment